Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Almost New Year's Eve

Tomorrow night is New Year's Eve. I think they throw the old mattress out the window in Italy. Not a bad idea. Out with the old, in with the new! I'm going to clean the refrigerator! We take our trash to the dump which is a social occasion on Saturday. However Tuesday is the big dump day as it is closed on Monday. Definitely out with the old today ... I'm even tossing a rug. Cheap rugs are a really good thing!

Notice there is no mention here of cleaning out the computer/work room!

Another really good thing is that gas prices and heating oil prices are down. I don't intend to get too political with this blog... But I must say it is a very sad idea (trust the New York Times) to suggest higher gas taxes. Is this another "fair tax" even if it is bad for our economy?